Strategy is a plan towards achieving a specific goal or long term goal using specific means or conditions. Strategy generally involves, setting goals and priorities, determining actions to achieve the goals, and mobilizing resources to execute the actions. In an organization, the strategy helps to achieve an advantage for the organization through its configuration of resources within a challenging environment, to meet the needs of the market and fulfil stakeholder expectations. To achieve the strategy, an organization must have strategic objectives which guide them.
Strategy objectives are the end goal that describes what the company will do to fulfil its mission. They are like performance goals. For example, launching new products, increasing profitability or venture into a new market.
Companies have different activities which help them to align in achieving strategic objectives. Some of these activities include:
- Creating an inclusive planning process where all the team members take part and air their opinions and ideas.
- Having a good information flow. That is, from management to the lower-level employees and vice versa.
- Having open communication within the team. This enables everyone to understand his key priority, values, contribution, objective and role in achieving some of the strategic objectives.
- Analyzing data to get an understanding of where the organization is currently and where it’s going in achieving the set goals.
- Having key performance indicators(KPI) help in monitoring the performance of the strategic objectives. This contributes and monitoring how the objectives are performing in terms of teamwork and sales.
The strategy analyzer model will help organizations to monitor strategy objectives for their competitors. Through this, organizations can tune their strategies to stay ahead of their competitors and help them in planning.
The Strategy Analyzer Free Trial
Strategy Analyzer model is a machine learning model that utilizes Natural Language Processing (NLP) to categorize and classify company social media posts into different categories depending on the content in the post.
Currently, companies are using social media applications such as Facebook, Linked In and Twitter to communicate with their customers on their day to day activities. These activities include hiring new employees, partnerships, announcing new markets, announcing new products, financial statements, social projects, rebranding, leadership revamp, mergers and acquisitions and even appreciating the customers.
These social media posts are all data. This dark data from social media lie down without being utilized and this is a treasure that is yet to be mined/ utilized. If this data Is utilized well, it can give insight into different activities or different objectives that companies focus on.
This is where the strategy analyzer model comes in. The strategy analyzer model utilizes social media to give insight into what companies have been focusing on through their social posts.
Strategy analyzer functionality
The model works by taking in the Twitter handle for the company, collecting the data for the last 30 days, analyzing the data and using Natural Language Processing (NLP) to classifying the data into different categories. These categories include:
- Customer Focused
- Operational Excellence
- Growth and Expansion
- Innovation and Product Differentiation
The categories are dependent on the content of the post made by the companies. The model can be used by different entities for different purposes. A company can use the model to:
- To analyze their competitors’ strategies using social media posts.
- Plan ahead of their competition.
- Plan ahead by concentrating on different strategies to improve their sales and company growth